- Customer Service: Improve service to our schools and departments, by making the delivery of services fast, efficient and available. We want all students and staff to know that their needs are met to prepare them for learning and achieving.
- Standardization and Equalization: We will save time and money by standardization of goods and services. This will help keep the quality of products equal at all sites, and provide the opportunity for schools to take advantage of the benefits of a centralized service center.
- Streamline the Process: Make use of technology to provide efficiency in the system. Move quickly to implement the remote submission of requisitions, warehouse orders and print orders. By making the process more efficient, teachers and school staff will spend their time with students, not paperwork.
The Purchasing Services Department has the sole authority to prepare contracts and issue purchase orders for goods and services, and public works projects.
- Ensures legality of all purchases.
- Acts as a clearinghouse for vendors and vendor negotiations.
- Coordinates all comparative bids and advertised bids.
- Establishes purchasing standards and specifications.
- Operates the district warehouse.
- Maintains an inventory control system for district furniture, equipment and property.
- Disposes of surplus, scrap, or obsolete materials.
The District Warehouse operates with the goal of having on hand most of the common items needed by teachers and support staff. Products needed that are not carried in the warehouse can be ordered upon request at a substantial savings by working directly with the Warehouse Department to leverage contract pricing and bulk ordering.
Warehouse Services is responsible for:
- Stocking commonly used items throughout the District
- Auctioning/Disposing of surplus district property
- Moving items between sites
- Distributing freight and mail