skip to main content

Intradistrict Open Enrollment Transfers

What_is_an_Intradistrict_Open_Enrollment_Transfer? Card Icon
What is an Intradistrict Open Enrollment Transfer?
Go to Top

An Intradistrict Open Enrollment Transfer gives Twin Rivers students permission to attend a different school in the district other than the school designated by the student's established attendance area. The Twin Rivers Unified School District intradistrict open enrollment transfer process is now centralized in the District Office. Intradistrict open enrollment transfers will be evaluated by the Twin Rivers Unified School District Student Services Department based upon the following criteria:
  • Space availability at the requested school program or grade.
  • Special program needs of the student can be met satisfactorily at the requested school.
  • The parent/guardian will provide transportation for their child to and from school.
  • The 2022-2023 Intradistrict Open Enrollment Transfer window will be from January 1, 2022 to March 13, 2022.

Procedure Card Icon
Go to Top

  • The parent/guardian of the student can print the application from the Twin Rivers District website page and return it to the school site of attendance of the student, if it's a brand new student it will be the home school of residence. Once a decision is made by the district office staff notifies the school of attendance, the requested school and sends a written notice to the parent.    
  • If the parent/guardian disagrees with the decision, they may contact the Student Services Department at (916) 566-1620.

Conditions Card Icon
Go to Top

  • Permit is valid for the remainder of the time the child is enrolled in the requested school.
  • Approval is subject to space availability.
  • If more requests for transfer than spaces are available at a site/grade level/program, a random unbiased lottery will take effect.
  • Transportation is not provided.
  • Parent/Guardian must return this form to school of attendance or home school of residence if it's a brand new student to Twin Rivers.
  • Students transferring from one high school to another without a valid change of address may be ineligible from varsity level competition in all sports in which they competed in their previous school for one calendar year. (C.I.F. Bylaw 207.B.)
All notices regarding the approval or denial of an intradistrict application submitted during the Open Enrollment period will be completed and mailed home to the families by June, for the 2022-2023 school year.
If you have questions regarding the processing of your application, you may inquire by sending an email to Please title email subject as "Intradistrict Open Enrollment".

Questions? Card Icon
Go to Top

If you have questions regarding registration or enrollment, you may call our Student Services Support Line at (916) 566-1620 during the hours of 8:00 am-4:00 pm, Monday thru Friday or email us at